Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Camping In Tennessee

NINJA!!
BEST OUTFIT EVER!
ZIPLINING!
OUR ISLAND


Imagine this:

It's beautiful in Tennessee. My family and I have our own hide-away island in the middle of Douglas Lake (the big lake near us-not to be confused with the giant lakes up near Michigan...). We set up five tents, returned to our fire built many years ago, and made camp. We strung up two hammocks, created a kitchen area with some tables, and even a bathroom area, though I still prefer running water and electricity. We played for five days, boating, tubing, and jet-skiing.

Because of the storms hitting lately, the water is higher than I have seen it in years. The lake covers farmlands from yesteryear; they flooded the area with a dam so that they could create a power plant, which means that when we're swimming, we're really above old farm fences and such sixty feet below. The sunsets were great. We need to find a good spot to see sunsets in Provo. Maybe Utah lake?

I'll admit that I'm tired of the spiders.

I am only moderately sunburned! (Sweet! That means I'll turn brown!)
I read two books.
I swam a lot.
I jet-skied!!
I played tetrus.
I think I decided on the I-Phone, unless Ashlee tells me her (speak to text) is worth it.
I beat my Mom at a game (usual).
I have since showered.
I slept on the ground for five nights (with three bed rolls...)
I sweated my body weight off (oh. wait... the s'mores put it all back on; it's still there).
I built a fire.
I killed spiders.
I saved spiders that weren't in my tent.
I played "Ninja" with my nieces and nephews.
I talked with my older sisters.
I relaxed on a tube with Grace.
I discovered how much I depend upon electronics.
I swung in a hammock.
I stared at the fires flames and red coals; this never bores me. They're fascinating.

That probably covers the last five days.



No comments:

Search This Blog