Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another funny story:

So today, one of my students (we'll call her Amy) walked into class with a nice story. She said, "I just saw a student teacher in the hall who was taking deep breaths as she walked down the hall, saying 'okay, I can do this. I can do this.' " Needless to say, she was laughing, and I was laughing until I realized that if Amy was seeing that side of another student teacher, it wasn't going to help her confidence in me. :-) Of course I occasionally feel this way, but hopefully my students cant see it. And I hope that I'm not as dramatic visually.

My lessons today were a bit more complicated and frustrating; therefore, I solved my sorrows with Mr. Snickers the candy man. Later, I went to a professional development meeting that taught me to read more expressively. The presenter, Dr. Love (a name she hates) reminded me that there are many voices in my head. Apparently watching all those movies over and over in have created a store of voices that I can use when I read. She basically charged me to give life to words--to color them--when I read so that I can engage students. I now have permission to let all those voices and noises in my head escape! AH!!! HERE THEY COME!

1 comment:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I wish I could come sit in on your class. I think you should practice reading out loud to me! :)

Search This Blog