Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Climbing and Laughing

Once upon a time, I graduated from college. Weird. As a celebration/ my mom's dream trip, we are tourons, using her word, through Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Yesterday, Hillary and I climbed up to Angel's Landing, where we were brave enough to take some pictures. Or stupid enough to take some pictures. I still can't decide. We hiked two miles on an easy, yet steep path, only to reach a ridge that we climbed to the landing. There were some chains. Some steep rocks to climb. And some incredible views.

My brother loathes hiking so he peppers our days with "yes! the hike is closed!" or "Mom, isn't this a good picture?" He's a funny kid.

My prediction for my mother is 2000 pictures. I've been playing a game. I say, "Mom, look at that!" She immediately "ooos" and snaps a picture. She fell for it every time, until I got to the point where I pointed at a stick on the ground. She looked at me for a minute and then realized I was having fun messing with her. But hey. Who can argue when you get to go horsebackriding in these red canyons. That's on the agenda first thing tomorrow. Thanks Mom.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have a confession: I am from Utah and have never been to Bryce. Also, I have never been brave enough to hike Angel's landing. Good for you!

Sarah said...

You should hike it Heather! It's so fun. And only half-scary. Hillary is terrified of hikes and she did it!

Search This Blog